Monday, November 17, 2008

I've tried to read the stars
Looking for a hidden message that would make it all clear
Spell out the path that suits me

I've listened to the wind
Closely
Waiting for the call of my name
That voice that would soothe my soul

I've tasted both the bitter and the sweet
Holding on, to the memory of what it brought me
Delectable or insipid
It's my journey
A testament to the strength of my pallet
The strength that is me

I've touched love in all of its glory
Only to have it wiggle from my grip
Disappear behind those stars that I try to read
Seems so far

I've been overcome by the scent of tomorrow
Dancing under my nose
A promise that doesn't exist
One I will chase until my dying day
Happily

I've been through it all it seems
Yet, I am starving for more

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home