Monday, November 17, 2008

Seemed like...

Been places where I swore I was stuck
Could not see over the swelled tide
Felt like it was my forever

Looking back now
I realize the power of determination
It takes that first step
One step closer to where I want be
One giant step off of my personal deserted island

I've lived so many lives
Too many to recall
Once consumed by them individually
Now a distant and faint memory collectively

A thing of the past
This too shall pass
This too shall pass

Every day that you wake
A chance to start a new life is born
A promise of an opportunity

Taken
or
Left

There is not a drought of possibilities
There is a lack of resilience & hope
Turning into fossils
Discarded at the shift from adolescence to adulthood

Hoping to be revived
Hoping to be believed in again
With a stronger shelf life than a fairy tale

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home